Speaker Selection Guidelines
- The goal of speaker selection is to provide our membership with topics that provide the most meaningful information available
- Select only speakers that you have personally heard speak. Is the topic relevant?
- Refrain from selecting speakers “as a favor to someone” (eg. so and so asked if he could speak to our club – warning flag!)
- Political topics are not allowed
- Personal interest promotion topics not permitted (eg. New doctor in town promoting his new practice)
- Notify Club Program Chairman of speaker information three weeks in advance of planned date
- If in doubt, check with the Club Program Chairman
- Speaker should limit speaking time to 15 minutes
- We can provide an LCD projector for PowerPoint, CD or DVD along with a large screen. Please bring your own laptop computer to connect and play your media. Please advise Kim Kim no later than the day before a meeting in order to have the equipment setup and ready.
- Meeting ends at 8:30 promptly – no exceptions